- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
WOOD RIVER, Ill. -- Thelma Buster, 85, of Wood River died Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006, at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
She was born June 5, 1921, at Thebes, Ill., daughter of James and Gertrude Story Warren. She married Clarence "Shorty" Buster, who died Oct. 6, 2005.
Buster was a school bus driver 19 years with Roxana School District. She was formerly of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.
Survivors include three daughters, Shirley Wilson of Alton, Ill., Crystal Corey of Ralph, Ala., Beverly Rhymer of Russellville, Ala.; a sister, Lois Draper of Bethalto, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday at Alexander Freewill Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Revs. John Montgomery, Earnest Brown and Levy Corey officiating. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery in Olive Branch, Ill.
Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.