- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Richard L. Martin, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 15, 2006, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born Jan. 15, 1926, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., son of Christopher C. and Laura Kopple Martin. He and Agnes Marcella Doll were married Aug. 21, 1948.
Martin was a member of American Legion Post 150 and Knights of Columbus Council 1037.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife of St. Mary, Mo.; three sons, Michael Martin of Long Beach, Calif., Daniel and Thomas Martin of St. Mary; two daughters, Debbie Martin of Anaheim Hills, Calif., Carol Hastie of Wildwood, Mo.; two sisters, Leatha Brown of Ste. Genevieve, Joyce Richards of DeQueen, Ark.; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. today at Basler Funeral Home in St. Mary. An American Legion service will be held at 6:30, and Knights of Columbus service at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Immaculate Conception Church in St. Mary, with the Rev. Richard Kasznel officiating. Burial will be in Immaculate Conception Cemetery.