- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Business memo 10/16/06
Local food marketing meeting to be held
The University of Illinois Extension, the Small Business Development Center and the Shawnee Community College Agriculture Program will hold a local food marketing meeting at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Ill. Educators from the respective organizations will lead the discussion and brainstorming sessions. The purpose of the meeting is to compile information on how to plan to further develop local food markets in the southern five counties of Illinois. Register by Nov. 8 by calling the University of Illinois Extension at (618) 658-5321.
Web site helps with federal regulations
A newly launched federal government Web site, Business.gov, provides business owners with a one-stop resource that searches the federal government agencies that regulate or serve businesses for compliance information or resources. The Web site makes it easier to find information on taxes, immigration laws, safety, environmental requirements and other regulations that can present challenges for small and midsized businesses.
-- From staff reports