- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Business memo 10/16/06
Local food marketing meeting to be held
The University of Illinois Extension, the Small Business Development Center and the Shawnee Community College Agriculture Program will hold a local food marketing meeting at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Ill. Educators from the respective organizations will lead the discussion and brainstorming sessions. The purpose of the meeting is to compile information on how to plan to further develop local food markets in the southern five counties of Illinois. Register by Nov. 8 by calling the University of Illinois Extension at (618) 658-5321.
Web site helps with federal regulations
A newly launched federal government Web site, Business.gov, provides business owners with a one-stop resource that searches the federal government agencies that regulate or serve businesses for compliance information or resources. The Web site makes it easier to find information on taxes, immigration laws, safety, environmental requirements and other regulations that can present challenges for small and midsized businesses.
-- From staff reports