- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Leo Wylie Curtis, 94, of Oran, Mo., died Sunday, Oct. 15, 2006, at his home in Oran.
He was born Jan. 10, 1912, in Johnson County, Ark., the son of Jessie and Idella Breedlove Curtis. He and Newell Mary Michelson were married on Oct. 25, 1933, in Hagarville, Ark. She died April 13, 1962. He and Wilma Cousins McGowen were married on Aug. 7, 1963. She died July 4, 1996.
Curtis retired from farming in 1988.
Survivors include a son, Clarence W. Curtis of Oran; three daughters, Juanita Smith of Russellville, Ark., Cleda Neal of Oran and Frieda DeWalsche of Port Byron, Ill.; a brother, Kenneth D. Curtis of McAlester, Okla.; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, two grandsons, six sisters and a brother.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel with the Rev. Delbert Bishop officiating. Burial will be at the New Morley Cemetery in Morley, Mo.