- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson's JV girls win
Jackson freshman Jordan Whitener finished first and the Indians had four runners in the top seven to win the girls junior varsity race at the North County Invitational on Saturday.
Kaitlyn Karleskint, Hollie Adelmund and Trista Guthrie finished fifth through seventh, respectively. Courtney Rodman rounded out Jackson's top five in 16th.
Jared Foust had Jackson's top boys finish in the JV race in 14th. Jackson's boys finished fourth.
The Indians, two days removed from the SEMO Conference meet, did not compete in the varsity division.
-- Southeast Missourian