- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Molly Nicole Woeltje and David Wesley Leek exchanged wedding vows July 1, 2006, at Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Sam Roethemeyer performed the ceremony. Reader was Susan Zappulla of Kill Devil Hills, N.C., aunt of the bride. Pianist was Christy Shinn, vocalists were Beth St. John and Mackenzie Scherer, and music was by Trio Girardeaux.
Parents of the bride are Jim and Kathie Woeltje of Jackson. The groom is the son of Teresa and Bill Thompson of Carrollton, Texas, and Bob and Jan Leek of Plano, Texas.
Maid of honor was Mandy Hilbert and matron of honor was Mackenzie Scherer, both of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Megan Day of Cape Girardeau; Denae Nagel of Jackson; Carley Heitz of Godfrey, Ill., cousin of the bride; Courtney Bollinger of Marble Hill, Mo.; and Candless Zielinski of Cape Girardeau.
Winston Thompson of Carrollton was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Lincoln Scherer of Cape Girardeau and Gabe Scherer of Bell City, Mo., cousins of the groom; Drew Rinacke of Shipman, Ill., brother of the bride; Sam Scherer of Allen, Texas, cousin of the groom; Gary Daily of Denton, Texas; and Ryan Rinacke of Marble Hill, brother of the bride. Ushers were Matt Roethemeyer of Jackson; Tony Zappulla of Kill Devil Hills, cousin of the bride; and John Rinacke of Shipman, nephew of the bride.
Candlelighters were McLane Rinacke of Cape Girardeau, nephew of the bride, and Will Scherer of Allen, cousin of the groom.
Flower girls were Macy Rinacke and Josey Patton of Cape Girardeau, Reagan Rinacke of Shipman, and Emma Rinacke of Marble Hill, all nieces of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Anna Zappulla of Kill Devil Hills and Catherine Heitz of Godfrey, cousins of the bride. Greeters were Miya Scherer of Allen, cousin of the groom; Hope McGinley of Cape Girardeau, niece of the bride; Caitlin Heitz of Godfrey and Maria Zappulla of Kill Devil Hills, cousins of the bride.
A dinner and dance reception was held at Bavarian Halle. Servers were Camille, Melissa and Bethany Rinacke, Mary Snowden and Margaret Schlief.
Teresa and Bill Thompson hosted the rehearsal dinner at Drury Lodge.
Mrs. Leek attended Missouri State University. She is a real estate listing agent in the Dallas, Texas, area.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in finance in August 2006 from Texas State University. He is employed at Van Chevrolet in Carrollton.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple resides in Dallas.