- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jamie Nichole Lowes and Rick Arthur Eftink Jr. were united in marriage Sept. 16, 2006, at First Baptist Church in Jackson. Ed Carter performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink and vocalist was Karen Benefield.
Parents of the couple are James and Kathy Lowes of Jackson, and Rick and Pam Eftink of Oran, Mo.
Maid of honor was Kandra Baker of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Ginger Malone and Joni Schemel of Jackson, sisters of the bride; Cherie Isom of Joplin, Mo.; April Eftink, sister of the groom, and Rebecca Lange, both of Oran.
Ryan Chailland of Oran was best man. Groomsmen were Justin Todd of Oran, Jeff Rowe of Marble Hill, Mo., Josh deButts of Inwood, W.VA., Aaron Graviett and Roy Buell of Oran. Ushers were Jerry Malone and Greg Schemel of Jackson, brothers-in-law of the bride.
Candlelighters were Kara Leeber of Jackson and Casey Enderle of Perkinston, Miss.
Flower girl was Kayla Schemel, daughter of Greg and Joni Schemel and niece of the bride. Ringbearers were Bret Eftink, nephew of the groom, and Ryan Malone, nephew of the bride. Bret is the son of April Eftink. Ryan is the son of Jerry and Ginger Malone.
Retta Miller attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Ruby Voshage, Retta Miller, Lynda King, Joy Baker and Kathy Horn.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Eftink is a 1999 graduate of Jackson High School. She graduated from the licensed practical nursing program at Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center in 2005. She is employed at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
The groom is a 1999 graduate of Oran High School. He is employed at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse, and is a member of the U.S. Army Reserve.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple resides in Jackson.