- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks drop five-set OVC match to Racers
MURRAY, Ky. -- The Southeast Missouri State dropped a five-set Ohio Valley Conference match to Murray State on Friday night.
Murray State, which received 20 kills from former Leopold standout Holly Jansen, defeated the Redhawks 30-20, 28-30, 30-18, 27-30, 15-9.
Jessica Koeper had 21 kills for Southeast, which fell to 10-11 overall and 4-3 in the OVC. Murray State improved to 14-3 overall and 4-3 in the conference.
Katie Kemezys had a match-high 28 kills for the Racers.
Molly Davis had 31 digs for Southeast. Brittany Hastings had 16 kills, while Jamie Baumstark collected 64 assists.
Redhawks soccer ties
The Redhawks soccer team outshot visiting Morehead State 25-9 on Friday but could not crack the scoreboard in a 0-0 tie.
Lindsay Pickering made six saves in net for Southeast (6-6-1 overall, 3-2-1 OVC).
-- From staff reports