- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
LILBOURN, Mo. -- Arnell McFerren, 87, of Lilbourn died Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2006, at her home.
She was born Feb. 9, 1919, in Summerville, Tenn., daughter of Lucius and Callie Culpepper Walker. She married Sammie Lee McFerren Sr., who died in 1987.
McFerren retired as a teachers aide at Headstart in Howardville, Mo. She was a member of Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church in Lilbourn, where she served as Sunday school teacher, president of the usher board, mother's board and member of the Heaven-Bound Singers.
Survivors include five sons, William and Earnest McFerron of Lilbourn, Lennies McFerren of Bertrand, Mo., Alvin McFerren of Cape Girardeau, Claude McFerren of New Madrid, Mo.; three daughters, Pauline Robinson of Chicago, Samella Kelly of Rantoul, Ill., Joyce Tate of Calumet Park, Ill.; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons and a daughter.
Friends may call Saturday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Mount Olive Church.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Sikeston, Mo., with the Rev. Earnest Wilis officiating. Burial will be in Sand Hill Cemetery in New Madrid.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.