- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Speaking from the past
Sorry if you find my writing style a tad distracted while I communicate to you through time and space. The Cardinals are playing in game two of the National League Division Series, so my attention is divided.
By the time you read this you'll know the fate of my beloved Cards. But nonetheless, I'm happy right now.
So here we are, at the start, middle, end -- whichever one it is while you're reading this -- of October. Halloween's coming, and I hear Marilyn Manson's trying to get a movie out before then. How appropriate.
So Halloween is a BIG party night. It's kind of fun to play dress-up, right? If you need any tips on how to make the big party a hit, either as guest or host, then check out Nicole Stanfield's column this month. You'll learn all you need to know.
October also means Cape's music scene just got over the big hangover from the City of Roses Music Festival. We know we hyped the heck out of the thing here at OFF. Heck, we still are, with a review by James Samons.
Let's just say now that we're sorry. We found the festival lacking, and if you went on our advice, sorry we led you astray. If you went on our advice and loved it, then you're welcome, by the way.
Do we have any country fans in the audience? If so, we don't need to tell you that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be at the Show Me Center this month. Oh yeah, so will Ron White. He's funny.
If you're a Southeast Missouri State University student, be on the lookout this month, because you're about to be swarmed with men in high-dollar suits and ladies in conservative dresses. Homecoming is on the way.
But hey, the tailgating party should be cool. I know that's what I'm looking forward to.
So whip out the bed sheet with eye holes, you bad little ghost. It's October -- the dead will walk, the moon will turn blood red and Leatherface will hack up some more teenagers at your local theater.
I love the fall. Especially when the Cardinals are in the World Series (my prediction as of
Now here's OFF.