- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Democrats' bombshell misfired
To the editor:
Most traditional Americans believe in personal responsibility, not collective guilt. Guilt by association has been the No. 1 weapon in the Democrats' arsenal in their jihad of politics of personal destruction. They hoped the Foley scandal would be their crowning cherry on top of an excrement pie a la mode which they've slowly and methodically been baking up for Republicans since George Bush beat them in two elections even though Democrats used every shady political election tactic known to man in both elections.
Do I wish Republicans were being more conservative? Yes. So why would I run to the party of liberals because I want Republicans to be more conservative? Have the Democrats offered any honest, rational or traditional conservative or libertarian American ideas on anything? No. Are the Democrats totally invested in scandal-mongering and betting the farm on a Democratic operative's choreographed well-timed October surprises? Yes. But they miscalculated again.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.