- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Democrats' bombshell misfired
To the editor:
Most traditional Americans believe in personal responsibility, not collective guilt. Guilt by association has been the No. 1 weapon in the Democrats' arsenal in their jihad of politics of personal destruction. They hoped the Foley scandal would be their crowning cherry on top of an excrement pie a la mode which they've slowly and methodically been baking up for Republicans since George Bush beat them in two elections even though Democrats used every shady political election tactic known to man in both elections.
Do I wish Republicans were being more conservative? Yes. So why would I run to the party of liberals because I want Republicans to be more conservative? Have the Democrats offered any honest, rational or traditional conservative or libertarian American ideas on anything? No. Are the Democrats totally invested in scandal-mongering and betting the farm on a Democratic operative's choreographed well-timed October surprises? Yes. But they miscalculated again.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.