- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Democrats' bombshell misfired
To the editor:
Most traditional Americans believe in personal responsibility, not collective guilt. Guilt by association has been the No. 1 weapon in the Democrats' arsenal in their jihad of politics of personal destruction. They hoped the Foley scandal would be their crowning cherry on top of an excrement pie a la mode which they've slowly and methodically been baking up for Republicans since George Bush beat them in two elections even though Democrats used every shady political election tactic known to man in both elections.
Do I wish Republicans were being more conservative? Yes. So why would I run to the party of liberals because I want Republicans to be more conservative? Have the Democrats offered any honest, rational or traditional conservative or libertarian American ideas on anything? No. Are the Democrats totally invested in scandal-mongering and betting the farm on a Democratic operative's choreographed well-timed October surprises? Yes. But they miscalculated again.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.