- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Democrats' bombshell misfired
To the editor:
Most traditional Americans believe in personal responsibility, not collective guilt. Guilt by association has been the No. 1 weapon in the Democrats' arsenal in their jihad of politics of personal destruction. They hoped the Foley scandal would be their crowning cherry on top of an excrement pie a la mode which they've slowly and methodically been baking up for Republicans since George Bush beat them in two elections even though Democrats used every shady political election tactic known to man in both elections.
Do I wish Republicans were being more conservative? Yes. So why would I run to the party of liberals because I want Republicans to be more conservative? Have the Democrats offered any honest, rational or traditional conservative or libertarian American ideas on anything? No. Are the Democrats totally invested in scandal-mongering and betting the farm on a Democratic operative's choreographed well-timed October surprises? Yes. But they miscalculated again.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.