- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Democrats' bombshell misfired
To the editor:
Most traditional Americans believe in personal responsibility, not collective guilt. Guilt by association has been the No. 1 weapon in the Democrats' arsenal in their jihad of politics of personal destruction. They hoped the Foley scandal would be their crowning cherry on top of an excrement pie a la mode which they've slowly and methodically been baking up for Republicans since George Bush beat them in two elections even though Democrats used every shady political election tactic known to man in both elections.
Do I wish Republicans were being more conservative? Yes. So why would I run to the party of liberals because I want Republicans to be more conservative? Have the Democrats offered any honest, rational or traditional conservative or libertarian American ideas on anything? No. Are the Democrats totally invested in scandal-mongering and betting the farm on a Democratic operative's choreographed well-timed October surprises? Yes. But they miscalculated again.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.