* Made proclamation for Fire Prevention Week.
* Made proclamation honoring Anita Meinz for the Missouri Division of Tourism's Ambassador Award.
* Made proclamation honoring the SEMO Vet Corps' 30-year reunion and all veterans of the region.
* Held a public hearing regarding a voluntary petition for annexation from Whispering Oaks of Cape Girardeau LLC, for the subdivisions of Whispering Oaks and the Meadows of Whispering Oaks, between County Roads 620 and 618, and a petition for voluntary annexation from NELFM LLC, for property that includes the subdivisions' fitness center, pool and tennis court area.
* Held a public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a 15-foot-wide alley in Kimmel's Addition in the city and county of Cape Girardeau.
* Repealed stop signs on Frederick Street and enacted a four-way stop at Frederick and Bellevue streets.
* Repealed stop signs at Farrar and Percy drives and enacted a four-way stop at Farrar and Percy drives.
* Approved the record plat of Jansco's First Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of North Pointe Center second addition.
* Approved the record plat of Pat's Place Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Steven Roberts Subdivision.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for water system improvements.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a memorandum of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for the installation of historic street lights at the Broadway and Henderson Avenue intersection.
* Approved the record plat of Bird Hill Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Randol Farms 10th Subdvision.
* Authorized the issuance of special tax bills for the demolition of dangerous buildings.
* Annexed land to the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Independence Street between Pacific Street and Kingshighway.
* Vacated an alley located in Kimmel's Addition Subdivision running between New Madrid and Dunklin streets.
* Authorized the city to execute a memorandum of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for the installation of fiber optic cable and conduit in the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Accepted a sewer and utility easement from MidAmerica Hotels Corp.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a cost participation agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for Technology Park Drive.
* Removed yield signs on Abbey Road at its intersection with Kenneth Street and added a stop sign at that location.
* Placed electric traffic control signals at the intersection of Siemers and Lambert drives, Siemers Drive and Bloomfield Road, Mount Auburn and Bloomfield roads, and Mount Auburn Road at its intersection with the mall entrance and Doctor's Park entrance.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a subordination agreement with Wood and Huston Bank for a second deed of trust for property owned by Terry W. Sutterer.
* Expressed support for designation of Highway 74 from Interstate 55 to the Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge as the John Oliver Jr. Parkway.
* Appointed Edward Kaiser to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Approved a temporary five percent beer-by-the-drink license for Mary E. Burton-Hitt of Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation for an event to be held Oct. 26.
* Accepted the city's system of street and storm sewer improvements for the construction of that portion of Abbey Road to serve Randol Farms 10th Subdivision, and authorizing the city to process payment of $1,778.85 to Kinder as reimbursement for the additional 6-foot width of street.