- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Leota Bishop, 87, of Jonesboro died Saturday, Oct. 7, 2006, in Macon, Ga.
She was born Feb. 27, 1919, in Dongola, Ill., daughter of Arley and Ruth Lingle Karraker. She and Alfred H. Bishop were married May 2, 1937, in Alto Pass, Ill. He died Nov. 4, 1996.
Bishop was retired from Anna (Ill.) State Hospital. She was a member of Anna Church of Christ.
Survivors include a daughter, Vivian Waldrep of Dublin, Ga., and a granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Wednesday at Anna Church of Christ.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church, with John Shelton officiating. Burial will be in Christian Chapel Cemetery near Dongola.
Hileman Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.