- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Geralyn A. Buchheit, 49, of Perryville died Saturday, Oct. 7, 2006, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born Nov. 20, 1956, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Bertrand Vincent and Margie Jean Brewer Mattingly. She and Gary J. Buchheit were married Nov. 8, 1975, in Perryville.
Buchheit was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and a volunteer at the church's thrift store in Perryville. She was a former member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church and Blessed Sacrament Sodality in Brewer, Mo., and Perry County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary.
Survivors include her parents, Bertrand and Margie Mattingly, of Perryville; her husband, Gary Buchheit of Perryville; two daughters, Angela L. Smith of Arnold, Mo., and Jenny M. Buchheit of Springfield, Mo.; five brothers, Mark Mattingly, Kris Mattingly and Bruce Mattingly, all of Perryville, Kent Mattingly of Jackson and Brady Mattingly of Carthage, Mo.; three sisters, Lisa McGivern of Edwardsville, Ill., Connie Prost of Perryville and Kathy LaRose of Tallahassee, Fla.; a brother-in-law, Earl W. Buchheit of Perryville; and two grandsons.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, with parish wake at 5 p.m., and from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church with the Revs. Kevin Fausz and Henry Grodecki officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.