- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Katherine Hill, 75, of Anna, Ill., died Sunday, Oct. 8, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 21, 1931, in Union County, Ill., daughter of Jessie and Ruth Spurlock Rushing. She and Donald Wayne Hill were married March 4, 1950, in Piggott, Ark. He died April 20, 1999.
Hill was a member of the Big Creek Baptist Church and the VFW Ladies Auxiliary in Anna.
Survivors include a daughter, Donna Kay Morgan of Anna; three sisters, Mary Riley and Bertha Mae Weiss, both of Anna, and Peggy Poole of Jonesboro, Ill.; a brother, Ernest Rushing of Kansas City, Kan.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today and before the funeral Tuesday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clifford Hall officiating. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.