- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man charged with molesting boys
A Jackson man is accused of molesting three toddlers, with charges filed after the boys' parents reported behavior changes in their children to the Network Against Sexual Violence.
Cape Girardeau police arrested James Lee Littleton, 34, of 282 Tavy in Jackson on Friday. Littleton is charged with six counts of statutory sodomy stemming from an Aug. 8 gathering with Littleton, the boys and their parents in Cape Girardeau.
Sgt. Rick Schmidt with the Cape Girardeau Police Department said that after the "get-together" the parents of two 2-year-old boys and the parents of one 3-year-old boy noticed the children were acting afraid and wouldn't eat. Interviews on Thursday with the boys at the NASV, in Doctors' Park, revealed the abuse, he said.
When police arrested Littleton on Friday, Schmidt said, he already had a black eye and cuts from an assault that morning. The assault is being handled by the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department.
Littleton is in the Cape Girardeau County Jail on $150,000 bond and the agreement that he not be around children under age 16.