- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)19
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Dog kills N.Y. woman, injures her sister
AIRMONT, N.Y. -- A pit bull attacked its dog-sitters, killing one woman and injuring her sister.
Jeannine Fusco, 44, was attacked Saturday in the garage of her home in Airmont, in Rockland County, police said. She was bitten in the head and throat, Ramapo police Detective Lt. Brad Weidel told The Journal News.
Fusco's sister, Valerie Wall, 43, was treated at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., for bites on her leg and hand and was released.
Police said they found the pit bull in the sisters' backyard and killed it.