- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Dog kills N.Y. woman, injures her sister
AIRMONT, N.Y. -- A pit bull attacked its dog-sitters, killing one woman and injuring her sister.
Jeannine Fusco, 44, was attacked Saturday in the garage of her home in Airmont, in Rockland County, police said. She was bitten in the head and throat, Ramapo police Detective Lt. Brad Weidel told The Journal News.
Fusco's sister, Valerie Wall, 43, was treated at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, N.Y., for bites on her leg and hand and was released.
Police said they found the pit bull in the sisters' backyard and killed it.