- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Will Mason Morris Sr., 97, of East Prairie, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 6, 2006, at the Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born June 25, 1909, in Hickman, Ky., son of Monroe C. and Flora Bessie Nichols Morris. He and Gertie Colvin Morris were married Nov. 26, 1928. She died Sept. 10, 1985.
He lived most of his life in Mississippi County; he owned and operated Morris Grocery. Morris was a member of the St. James General Baptist Church in East Prairie.
Survivors include three sons, Jerry Morris of East Prairie, Will Morris Jr. of Scott City, Leroy Morris of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; four daughters, Frances Grissom, Berniece Armstrong, Norma Jean Tatum, all of East Prairie, Willie Catt of McEwen, Tenn.; 16 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 15 great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.