- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary Euvon Pool, 69, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Dexter, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 6, 2006, at her home.
She was born Feb. 15, 1937, in Cleburne County, Ark., daughter of Fred and May Brock Hester. She and Raymond Pool were married Aug. 2, 1952, in Paw Paw, Mich.
She moved to Cape Girardeau three years ago. Pool was a member of the Antioch Missionary Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Ronald Pool of Malden, Mo., Donald Pool of Kennett, Mo., John Pool of Dexter; two daughters, Janet Hankins, Joyce Smith, both of Dexter; a brother, Arnold Hester of Mountain Home, Ark.; two sisters, Lovella Weldon of Hoganville, Ga., Edith Palulski of Trento, Fla.; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Watkins and Sons Chapel in Dexter.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Glenn Hamilton officiating.
Interment will be in the Chalk Bluff Cemetery near Dexter.