- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two killed in train-car collision
MOUNTAIN GROVE, Mo. -- Two people died Thursday when their vehicle was hit by a train at a crossing in south-central Missouri's Wright County, west of Mountain Grove.
Terra Miller, 32, and Burdette Garrett, 79, both of Mountain Grove, were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said Miller was driving the Chevrolet Geo that was struck broadside by a Burlington Northern Santa Fe train at about 5:30 p.m.