- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Dwel Wayne Lincoln, 88, of Marble Hill died Friday, Oct. 6, 2006, at Elder Care of Marble Hill.
He was born Aug. 28, 1918, at Patton, son of Miles O. and Ruth Adeline Long Lincoln. He and Juanita Limbaugh were married March 29, 1942, at Marble Hill. She died May 21, 2003.
Lincoln was self-employed at a retail store. He was a member of Trowel Masonic Lodge 440 AF&AM.
He served with the U.S. Army in the Pacific-Asiatic Theater from 1941 to 1945. He was awarded two Bronze Stars. He attended Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Jimmy Lincoln of Millersville, Garry Lincoln of Marble Hill; a daughter, Glenda Hanners of Marble Hill; four brothers, Floyd and Kenneth Lincoln of Millersville, Ralph Lincoln of Marble Hill, Gerald Lincoln of Scopus, Mo.; two sisters, Lorene Walters of Jackson, Pauline Stotler of Valley Park, Mo.; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, six brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel. A Masonic service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel. The Revs. Roy Michael, Bill Myers and Jim Fulbright will officiate. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park. Military honors will be conducted by Missouri Military Honors Team.