- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Evelyn June Colbert, 77, of Chaffee died Thursday, Oct. 5, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 11, 1929, at Sturdivant, Mo., daughter of Homer and Grace Harrington Watkins. She and John W. Colbert were married July 2, 1946, in Corning, Ark. He died March 16, 1992.
Colbert was a member of Kinder Chapel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Dave Colbert of Matthews, Mo., Charlie and Roy Colbert of Puxico, Mo.; five daughters, Patricia and Sue Colbert of Chaffee, Shirley Barker of Florissant, Mo., Carolynn Bonee of Reagan, Tenn., Mary Leutert of Qulin, Mo.; a brother, Bill Divenny of St. Louis; three sisters, Ruth Fisher of Washington, Mo., Mary Bashears and Joy Taylor of St. Louis; 28 grandchildren; and 46 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Lafferty officiating. Burial will be in Brush Creek Cemetery near Arab, Mo.