- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Christine E. Stephens, 63, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Oct. 5, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Oct. 29, 1942, in New Rochelle, N.Y., daughter of Harry and Grace Heape Barry. She and Robert W. Stephens were married March 27, 1965, in Glenn Rock, N.J.
Stephens was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral, and was active in the pro-life movement through the SEMO Lifesavers.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rob Stephens of Jackson, David Stephens of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Christine Mueller of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Henry Barry of Cape Girardeau, Jack Barry of East Rutherford, N.J.; a sister, Jean Popper of Orlando, Fla.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, with parish prayers at 7.
The funeral will be at St. Mary's Cathedral Monday at 10 a.m., with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery at a later date.