- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Three teens sentenced in videotaped hazing case
SKOKIE, Ill. -- Three teenagers were sentenced to community service Friday for their roles in a violent high school hazing incident that was caught on videotape.
The three were each found guilty of two counts of battery, said Tom Stanton, a spokesman for the Cook County prosecutor's office.
Trevor Roberts, 18, and Sarah Rosselli, 18, were each sentenced to 18 months of supervision and 60 hours of community service. Jennifer Larson, 18, was given a year of supervision and 50 hours of community service, Stanton said.
All three also were ordered to have no contact with the victims and to undergo alcohol and drug evaluation, Stanton said.
Five teens now have been sentenced in the case. On Thursday, Marnie Gaule, 18, was found guilty of two counts of battery for her role in the May 4 melee. In July, Grant Lustig, 18, pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor.
More than a dozen youths were charged in the incident, which gained worldwide attention as videotapes of it were played on news programs. The tapes show junior girls from Glenbrook North High School being covered with mud, paint, feces and garbage as onlookers, some hoisting beer cups, cheered.