- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Amazing program, but low turnout
To the editor:
Rhonda Larson and Ventus rocked Academic Hall Tuesday night. Along with the wonderful Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, they gave Cape Girardeau an amazing program of music that ranged from New Age to jazz to Celtic.
Thank you, Southeast Missouri State University, for bringing this artist to us. Larson showed why she is a Grammy Award-winning flutist.
Unfortunately, the audience had only a couple of hundred people in it. Wake up, Cape Girardeau, and support the arts.
ELIZABETH MICHEL, Cape Girardeau