- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Margie Marie Blankenship, 81, of Scott City died Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 22, 1924, at East Prairie, Mo., daughter of Virgil Green and Ora Speck Watson. She and Alvin Eugene Blankenship were married March 8, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 7, 1980.
Blankenship delivered Meals on Wheels eight years for Chaffee Nutrition Center in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include five sons, Dennis and Gary Blankenship of Scott City, Robert Blankenship of Lakenan, Mo., Michael Blankenship of Chaffee, Bruce Blankenship of Kelso, Mo.; three daughters, Patricia Jackson of Chaffee, Linda Bailey of Walls, Miss., Carol Held of Reyno, Ark.; a sister, Martha Johnston of Scott City; 31 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.