- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Georgianna Foster Papanek, 86, of Joliet, Ill., formerly of Olive Branch, died Saturday, Sept. 30, 2006, at Rosewood Care Center in Joliet.
She was born Oct. 16, 1919, in Waverly, Ill., daughter of Floyd and Georgianna Reed Dain. She and Haron Foster were married Feb. 12, 1935. He died March 22, 1956. She then married John Papanek in 1964. He died Sept. 6, 2001.
Georgianna was a member of the Church of God in Chicago, and a member of the First Assembly of God Church in Joliet. She was an NCR operator at Children's Memorial Hospital more than 30 years.
Survivors include three daughters, JoAnn (Wesley) Brubaker of Lake Villa, Ill., Evelyn (Dale) Williams of Joliet, Helen Crain of Armour, S.D.; a son, James (Helen) Foster of Carlinville, Ill.; a sister, Geneive Bilbruck Melham of Carlinville; 14 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husbands; two sons, Raymond Foster and an infant son in 1940; a son-in-law, Earl Crain; a great-granddaughter, Chastity Michael; and four brothers.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joshua McKinney officiating. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.