- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Joseph Lemro "Joe" Hale, 49, of Jackson died Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2006, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 14, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lemro F. and Theresa Elizabeth Axtetter Hale.
Hale was former owner/operator of Hale's Jewelry. He was of the Catholic belief and a member of Knights of Columbus Council 1111.
Survivors include two brothers, Ronnie and Larry Hale of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Hardy of Goldvein, Va., and Jeannie Poe of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.