- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Virgie Mary Miles, 88, of Chaffee died Monday, Oct. 2, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 27, 1918, at Chaffee, daughter of Herbert Lee and Nellie Jane Skelton Houseman. She and Harley S. Miles were married June 24, 1939. He died March 20, 1985.
Miles retired as a machine operator at Sports Specialty Shoe Co. She moved to Chaffee 20 years ago from Morley, Mo.
Survivors include three sons, Gary Miles of El Paso, Texas, Jack Miles of Seattle, Wash., Stephen Miles of Clinton, Mo.; four daughters, Jane Terry of Wilderness, Mo., Jean Milam of Oran, Mo., Nancy Jones of Marble Hill, Mo., Kathleen Coatney of Morehouse, Mo.; a brother, James Houseman of Table Rock Lake, Mo.; two sisters, Juanita Tanner of Tucson, Ariz., Beatrice Margrabe of Cape Girardeau; 18 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters, five brothers and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.