- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Virgie Mary Miles, 88, of Chaffee died Monday, Oct. 2, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 27, 1918, at Chaffee, daughter of Herbert Lee and Nellie Jane Skelton Houseman. She and Harley S. Miles were married June 24, 1939. He died March 20, 1985.
Miles retired as a machine operator at Sports Specialty Shoe Co. She moved to Chaffee 20 years ago from Morley, Mo.
Survivors include three sons, Gary Miles of El Paso, Texas, Jack Miles of Seattle, Wash., Stephen Miles of Clinton, Mo.; four daughters, Jane Terry of Wilderness, Mo., Jean Milam of Oran, Mo., Nancy Jones of Marble Hill, Mo., Kathleen Coatney of Morehouse, Mo.; a brother, James Houseman of Table Rock Lake, Mo.; two sisters, Juanita Tanner of Tucson, Ariz., Beatrice Margrabe of Cape Girardeau; 18 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters, five brothers and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.