- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joy Bruce, 75, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Sept. 30, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born March 21, 1931, in Roosevelt, Okla., daughter of Ed and Myrtle Walker Hill. She married Richard Bruce, who died June 13, 2001.
Bruce worked 30 years in the accounting department at General Motors. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Debbie Kapfer and Vickie Thomas of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Leo Hill of Midwest City, Okla., Jack Hill of Eufaula, Okla., Charles Hill of San Antonio; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
A memorial service will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Lynwood Baptist Church.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.