- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Arthur Lee Davis, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Oct. 2, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born June 11, 1923, at Essex, Mo., son of Presley and Janie Hooker Davis. He and Melba Fern Glenn were married Feb. 12, 1947, in Piggott, Ark. She died Nov. 15, 1980.
Davis was a former Amoco dealer in Perryville, Mo.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, Darren Davis of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Betty Teason of Jefferson City, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter, Mo., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Ramdial officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.