- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Rams, Lions player share hospital room
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams fullback Paul Smith took himself and the Lions' Frank Davis out of Sunday's game busting the wedge on a kickoff, then the two shared a hospital room while being evaluated overnight.
Davis was carted off the field after the play to open the second half, and Smith eventually walked off while spitting blood. Coach Scott Linehan said Smith had a concussion and was being evaluated by specialists for possible small fractures around his eyes.
"It wasn't bad enough they ended up knocking each other out, they had to spend the night together," Linehan said.
Neither player appeared to be seriously injured.
-- The Associated Press