- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Arthur Owen Davis, 73, of Anna died Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006, at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Aug. 23, 1933, at Flat River, Mo., son of Everett Lee and Flora L. Connell Davis. He and Betty L. Fink were married Aug. 1, 1960, in Anna.
Davis had been a mechanic, welder and truck driver.
He was a veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Peggy Murray and Lori Thompson of Anna; two brothers, Everett Davis Jr. of Wisconsin Dells, Wis., Donald Davis of Rockford, Ill.; a sister, Janet Wallmeyer of Ware, Ill.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Keeley officiating. Burial will be in Busby Cemetery at Goreville, Ill., with military honors conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.