- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Thomas Roberts Sr.
Thomas "Scooter" Roberts Sr., 56, of Pacific, Mo., died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006, at St. John's Hospital in Washington, Mo.
He was born Aug. 9, 1950, at Jackson, son of Rosell and Alda Bailey Roberts.
Roberts was an operating engineer in commercial construction and worked out of Local 513 for 26 years. He was a life member of American Legion and VFW.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps from Nov. 10, 1969, to Nov. 28, 1971.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas Roberts Jr. of St. Peters, Mo., Terry Roberts of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Kelly Seabaugh of Cape Girardeau, Tosha Cooksey of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; two brothers, Bruce Roberts of Warm Springs, Ark., Ricky Roberts of Louisiana, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Baue Funeral and Memorial Center in St. Charles, Mo.
The funeral will be at noon Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.