- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Eva M. Davis, 77, of Tamms, Ill., died Sunday, Oct. 1, 2006, at the Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
She was born Feb. 13, 1929, in Hardin County, Tenn., the daughter of John Henry and Beulah Flat Pearson. She and Floyd Davis were married. He died in 1974.
Davis was a member of the God and Son Church in Mounds and was a housewife.
Survivors include two sons, Earsel Wayne Davis of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Marion Earsel Davis of Tamms; three daughters, Doris Bigham and Frances Burton, both of Olive Branch, Ill., and Kathy Barbeau of McClure, Ill.; 16 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Revs. Leon Wilkins and Lee Thompson officiating. Interment will follow in the McCrite Cemetery in rural Tamms.