- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Notre Dame tops Lafayette 4-0
Jack Wedemeier scored two second-half goals Friday to help the Notre Dame boys soccer team to a 4-0 home victory against Lafayette, the Class 3 team from west St. Louis County.
Notre Dame, ranked No. 6 in Class 2 in the state coaches poll, improved to 14-1.
Ryan Willen and Abe Dirnberger staked the Bulldogs to a 2-0 halftime lead, each heading in a ball in the first half.
Dirnberger collected two assists, while Ty Wiggins and Richard Marquart each had one.
Sophomore goalkeeper Ryan Bass recorded the shutout.
JV -- Lafayette won 1-0
-- Southeast Missourian