- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move
Rust elected secretary of press association
Jon Rust, publisher of the Southeast Missourian, was elected secretary of the Missouri Press Association during the business meeting at the 140th annual MPA Convention and Trade Show in Sept. 15. Rust's term of office begins Jan. 1.
David Bradley Jr., publisher of the St. Joseph News-Press, was elected president. Other 2007 officers elected were Jack Whitaker, publisher of the Hannibal Courier-Post, first vice president; Vicki Russell, associate publisher of the Columbia Daily Tribune, second vice president; and Phil Conger, publisher of the Bethany Republican-Clipper, treasurer.
Holshouser receives leadership award
David Holshouser, a licensed practical nurse at the Missouri Veterans Home, was chosen by his co-workers to get the quarterly Leadership Award. Administrator Jan Rau said, "David demonstrates the principles of the Veteran Home's Achieve Global Training Program."
Those principles are: focus on the situation, issue or behavior, not the person; maintain the self-confidence and self-esteem of others; maintain constructive relationships; take initiative to make things better and lead by example.
-- From staff reports