- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Pageant seminar planned at Jackson chamber
A seminar about participation in the Miss Jackson Pageant and the Miss Jackson Outstanding Teen Pageant will be held at 2 p.m. Oct. 8 in the Jackson Chamber of Commerce Conference Room.
The pageants are a project of the Jackson Chapter of American Business Women's Association and offer opportunities for Missouri residents or students ages 13 to 16 and 17 to 24 to compete in preliminary pageants to the Miss Missouri/Miss America Pageant.
Organizers said this seminar will be helpful to anyone who has not competed in pageants or has some experience but would like to learn more. There is no charge for the seminar; paperwork and help in completing application forms for entry to the pageant will be available.
Miss Jackson, Devon Lea, and Miss Jackson Outstanding Teen, Mary Bauer, will help with the seminar and provide personal assistance.
The Miss Jackson and Miss Jackson Outstanding Teen Pageants will be at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at Jackson High School auditorium.
The Tiny Miss Jackson, Little Miss Jackson and Preteen Miss Jackson pageants will be at 2 p.m. Nov. 18. Entry forms are available at the Jackson Chamber of Commerce, Precious Memories and The Bank of Missouri, all in Jackson.
For more information, call 243-8131 or e-mail email@example.com.