- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Put Jesus back in the schools
To the editor:
In response to the Sept. 13 letter "Public school is no place for religion," I will agree with Melanie Dow that "religion should not be taught in school." But Jesus should. In 1963, Madeline O'Hair had prayer taken out of school. The United States has been doing downhill ever since. Any time you take Jesus out of anything, you have lost already.
Dow said she was a Wiccan. "Wiccan" comes from the word "witch." Deuteronomy 18:10-12 says it is abomination unto the Lord. God says to put witches to death. I would never say that, but God did. As a born-again believer, I have a right to say that. Take it for what it's worth. I believe we have come into that period. Jesus is the light of the world, John 8:12, 11:9-10, 12:35-36.
There is a great manifestation of Satan worship. Satan is real. But God warns against this. He says it is an abomination unto him. Read 1 Timothy 4:1. "Seducing" actually means wandering or roving, and it comes from the word "vagabond," or deceiver or seducer. In fact, Satan is all those things.
I'll be praying for Dow. Jesus is the light of the world. Satan is darkness.
CHARLIE ROTHMAN, Cape Girardeau