- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Everett L. Ury, 70, of Anna died Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2006, as the result of a farming accident.
He was born July 24, 1936, in Anna, son of Everett S. and Katherine Miriam Brown Ury. He and Margaret Thomas were married Oct. 29, 1960.
Ury owned and operated Ury and Sons Ditching and Road Boring 45 years. He was a past member of District 37 School Board and a retired county commissioner. He reinstated and was superintendent of the draft horse show at Union County Fair. He was a member of Anna Masonic Lodge 520 AF&AM.
Survivors include his wife; a son, William Ury of Front Royal, Va.; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna. Masonic Lodge 520 will conduct a service at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Albert Nyland officiating. Burial will be in Trinity Cemetery.