- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Nada L. Ervin Young, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Sept. 22, 2006, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Dec. 22, 1914, in Ullin, Ill. She and Robert "Chick" Young were married in 1930 in Cape Girardeau. He died Aug. 27, 1996.
Young was a longtime member of Third Street United Methodist Church. She was a nurses aide at Southeast Missouri Hospital 28 years.
Survivors include three sons, Tim Young of Cape Girardeau, Jim Young of Venice, Fla., John Young of St. Charles, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two daughters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Watts officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.