- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Tenn. Tech upsets Eastern Kentucky
The Southeast Missouri State football team has the week off but the Ohio Valley Conference play rolls on.
Tennessee Tech picked up its first win of the season Thursday by shocking preseason conference favorite Eastern Kentucky 27-14 in Cookeville, Tenn.
Anthony Ash led the Golden Eagles (1-3, 1-0 OVC) with 110 yards rushing on 16 carries, and Larry Shipp caught two touchdown passes.
Eastern Kentucky (1-3, 0-1) had won the last five meetings between the two teams, including 52-3 in 2005.
In conference games today, defending champion Eastern Illinois (1-2, 0-0) plays at Samford (2-1, 0-0) and Jacksonville State (1-1, 1-0) is at Tennessee-Martin (2-1, 0-0). Both games begin at 6 p.m.
Tennessee State (2-1) is at Vanderbilt in nonconference action and Murray State (1-2) hosts Illinois State. Those games also begin at 6 p.m.
Southeast (2-1, 0-1) returns to conference action Sept. 30 when it hosts Samford at 6 p.m.
-- Southeast Missourian