- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SEMO enrollment up
SEMO enrollment for fall semester higher than in '05
Southeast Missouri State University's enrollment stands at 10,477 for the fall semester, final figures show. That's up from 10,292 a year ago, school officials said, continuing a trend of record enrollments.
The figures reflect enrollment at the end of the first four weeks of the fall semester.
Southeast has 8,977 undergraduates, up only nine students from the 2005 fall semester. But graduate enrollment stands at 1,500, up 13.3 percent from a year ago, officials said.
The university has 1,518 beginning freshmen, down 9.6 percent from last fall. Southeast has 1,764 sophomores, up 6.3 percent; 1,660 juniors, down slightly from a year ago; and 2,290 seniors, up 3.6 percent.
-- Southeast Missourian