- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Tamika Chere Barkley and Steven Charles Zapolski were united in marriage Aug. 5, 2006, at Vineyard Chapel in Cincinnati, Ohio. Evan Karns performed the ceremony. Music was by String Celebrations, and soloists were Anna Myers and Philip Myers.
Bill and Reba Barkley of Cape Girardeau are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Larry and Dory Zapolski of Liberty Township, Ohio.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Amber Barkley of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Shonda Allen of Cincinnati, Shannon Gentene of Mason, Ohio, Tiana Harris of Atlanta, Ga., Sylvia Snowden of Chicago, and Laura Botham of Green Bay, Wis.
Jon Zapolski was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Mark Allen, Jeff Neal, Todd Hale and Michael Williamson, all of Cincinnati, and Do Khup of Louisville, Ky. Junior groomsman was Jacob Harding, nephew of the groom.
Flower girls were Mariah Green and Jasmine Williams. Ringbearer was Ian Golden, cousin of the groom. Mariah is the daughter of Brian and Terri Green of Mason. Jasmine is the daughter of Ronald and Linda Williams of Richmond, Va.
Hostesses were Theresa Harding of Berea, Ky., sister of the groom, and Heidi Zapolski of Cincinnati, sister-in-law of the groom.
The reception was held at Sharonville Convention Center.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 4 at The White House in Cincinnati.
Mrs. Zapolski is a 2001 graduate of Mason High School. She received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2005, and is pursuing a doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of Kentucky-Lexington.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Goshen High School in Goshen, Ohio. He received a bachelor of arts degree in music ministry from Clear Creek Bible College in Pineville, Ky. He received a master's degree in accounting from the University of Cincinnati in June 2006. He is an internal auditor with Federated Department Stores in Cincinnati.
After a wedding trip to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, the couple resides in Georgetown, Ky.