- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
First Presbyterian Church in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., was the setting for the wedding March 11, 2006, of Carla Sue Naeger and Chris Duerksen. Tisha Mundy performed the ceremony. Organist was Virginia Caputo, and saxophonist was Miranda Roth, cousin of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Danny and Carolyn Naeger of Ozora, Mo. The groom is the son of Tony and Brenda Poole of Oak Ridge.
Matrons of honor were Christine Friedman of Perryville, Mo., and Jodie Huffman of Cape Girardeau, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Crystal Dorris of Jackson, sister of the groom; Misty Vagts of Axtell, Neb., Crystal Gegg of Mascoutah, Ill., and Brandy Neal of Perryville.
Leighton Duerksen, son of the groom, was honorary best man. Matt Neal of Perryville was best man. Groomsmen were the groom's father; Billy Dorris of Jackson, brother-in-law of the groom; Ryan Wolters of O'Fallon, Mo., Randy Leible and Justin Neal of Perryville, brothers-in-law of the bride. Ushers were Jeff Friedman of Perryville and Robert Huffman of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Patricia Hill of Manhattan, Kan., and Brandie Filer of Ste. Genevieve.
Flower girls were Kellyn Friedman and Lillian Huffman, nieces of the bride. Ringbearer was Trenton Friedman, godson of the bride.
Mackenzie Dorris, niece of the groom, attended the guest book. Program attendants were Ashton Dorris, niece of the groom, and Collin Herzog, nephew of the groom.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the VFW Hall.
Mrs. Duerksen is a 1999 graduate of Ste. Genevieve High School. She received an AAS degree in legal from Jefferson College in 2001.
The groom is a 1992 graduate of Jackson High School.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.