- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Tired of being compared to terrorists
To the editor:
I am not ashamed to be called a follower of Christ. I am a Christian. I am tired of being compared to terrorists.
Daily my Lord is mocked and scorned, and I have yet to plant a bomb or to wear one going into a place where others are. I have yet to join the great riots of Christians going on in America because of the likes of Madonna or Rosie. In fact, I have yet to see Christians rioting, killing a nun or destroying neighborhoods.
Though I profess Christ as my savior, I admit that I am far from perfect and make mistakes. I sometimes have a wrong attitude or say things that hurt others. That makes me human. It hurts me to see my country being so divided -- not by Christians who are blamed for the woes but by those want to give my rights to killers.
I represent those that extend a hand when there is a need, those that will protect your rights to express yourself, while you try to take away mine.
So while you continue to mock me and my Lord, I pray for this country, its leaders and the happenings in this world, understanding only God, the Father of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, can deliver. I whisper a prayer for your eyes to be opened to the true battle that rages.
May God have mercy upon your soul and you find the peace that passes all men's understanding.
ELIZABETH LEE, Cape Girardeau