- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Thanks for neighborhood picnic
To the editor:
Neighborhood Connection held its second annual picnic at May Greene Park. It was a huge success because so many people donated their time, refreshments and equipment.
The Southeast Missourian was great. Thanks to Chris Pagano, TJ Greaney and Don Frazier for the wonderful articles and picture. And thanks to KZIM radio for telling the public about the picnic.
Save-A-Lot provided food, Fred's paper goods, Port Cape Buffalo wings, Old Hickory Pits a fancy grill, Themis Street Rockers great music, the fire department a fire truck and the police department the DARE car and several officers. The children loved having their faces painted by Helen Towner.
It was a beautiful day. Approximately 150 adults and children enjoyed the food and music and visited with neighbors and city leaders.
A big thank you to all who made this possible.
JOAN JONES, Neighborhood Connection, Cape Girardeau