- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Thanks for neighborhood picnic
To the editor:
Neighborhood Connection held its second annual picnic at May Greene Park. It was a huge success because so many people donated their time, refreshments and equipment.
The Southeast Missourian was great. Thanks to Chris Pagano, TJ Greaney and Don Frazier for the wonderful articles and picture. And thanks to KZIM radio for telling the public about the picnic.
Save-A-Lot provided food, Fred's paper goods, Port Cape Buffalo wings, Old Hickory Pits a fancy grill, Themis Street Rockers great music, the fire department a fire truck and the police department the DARE car and several officers. The children loved having their faces painted by Helen Towner.
It was a beautiful day. Approximately 150 adults and children enjoyed the food and music and visited with neighbors and city leaders.
A big thank you to all who made this possible.
JOAN JONES, Neighborhood Connection, Cape Girardeau