- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Thanks for neighborhood picnic
To the editor:
Neighborhood Connection held its second annual picnic at May Greene Park. It was a huge success because so many people donated their time, refreshments and equipment.
The Southeast Missourian was great. Thanks to Chris Pagano, TJ Greaney and Don Frazier for the wonderful articles and picture. And thanks to KZIM radio for telling the public about the picnic.
Save-A-Lot provided food, Fred's paper goods, Port Cape Buffalo wings, Old Hickory Pits a fancy grill, Themis Street Rockers great music, the fire department a fire truck and the police department the DARE car and several officers. The children loved having their faces painted by Helen Towner.
It was a beautiful day. Approximately 150 adults and children enjoyed the food and music and visited with neighbors and city leaders.
A big thank you to all who made this possible.
JOAN JONES, Neighborhood Connection, Cape Girardeau