- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Thanks for neighborhood picnic
To the editor:
Neighborhood Connection held its second annual picnic at May Greene Park. It was a huge success because so many people donated their time, refreshments and equipment.
The Southeast Missourian was great. Thanks to Chris Pagano, TJ Greaney and Don Frazier for the wonderful articles and picture. And thanks to KZIM radio for telling the public about the picnic.
Save-A-Lot provided food, Fred's paper goods, Port Cape Buffalo wings, Old Hickory Pits a fancy grill, Themis Street Rockers great music, the fire department a fire truck and the police department the DARE car and several officers. The children loved having their faces painted by Helen Towner.
It was a beautiful day. Approximately 150 adults and children enjoyed the food and music and visited with neighbors and city leaders.
A big thank you to all who made this possible.
JOAN JONES, Neighborhood Connection, Cape Girardeau