- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Board should listen to the public
To the editor:
It is a shame that when a parent and taxpayer takes time off his busy schedule to attend a Cape Girardeau School Board meeting you get told you cannot address the school board without a three-day notice.
I am ashamed that the entire board has no regard for parents and taxpayers and couldn't care less about your concerns unless you agree with the board if it wants another tax increase.
We need school board members who will listen to parents and taxpayers. As a taxpayer and parent, I feel I and my children have no representation.
The current school board is the most hostile toward parents I have ever seen. I feel our rights are being taken away. The school board meetings are supposed to be for the public, not the elite few.
DONALD H. HOWARD Jr., Cape Girardeau