- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Board should listen to the public
To the editor:
It is a shame that when a parent and taxpayer takes time off his busy schedule to attend a Cape Girardeau School Board meeting you get told you cannot address the school board without a three-day notice.
I am ashamed that the entire board has no regard for parents and taxpayers and couldn't care less about your concerns unless you agree with the board if it wants another tax increase.
We need school board members who will listen to parents and taxpayers. As a taxpayer and parent, I feel I and my children have no representation.
The current school board is the most hostile toward parents I have ever seen. I feel our rights are being taken away. The school board meetings are supposed to be for the public, not the elite few.
DONALD H. HOWARD Jr., Cape Girardeau