- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Board should listen to the public
To the editor:
It is a shame that when a parent and taxpayer takes time off his busy schedule to attend a Cape Girardeau School Board meeting you get told you cannot address the school board without a three-day notice.
I am ashamed that the entire board has no regard for parents and taxpayers and couldn't care less about your concerns unless you agree with the board if it wants another tax increase.
We need school board members who will listen to parents and taxpayers. As a taxpayer and parent, I feel I and my children have no representation.
The current school board is the most hostile toward parents I have ever seen. I feel our rights are being taken away. The school board meetings are supposed to be for the public, not the elite few.
DONALD H. HOWARD Jr., Cape Girardeau