- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
National publication honors Simonhoff
Southeast Missouri State senior punter David Simonhoff was named national special teams player of the week by The National Weekly Football Gazette for his performance Saturday against Jacksonville State.
Simonhoff averaged 51.2 yards per punt in the loss, the Redhawks' first defeat of the season. Among his eight punts, five went for more than 50 yards, including two over 60. His longest was 66 yards.
Simonhoff, a first-team All-American last year, leads the nation with an average of 48.29 yards per punt.
-- Southeast Missourian