- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Carnahan to speak on voter ID at Democrats' fall festival Saturday
Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan will give the keynote speech Saturday at the Cape Girardeau County Democratic Party's Fall Festival.
Carnahan, who was elected in 2004, will address the new state law requiring voters to show a photo ID at the polls and the prospects for Democratic success in the Nov. 7 elections, said Brenda Woemmel, chairwoman of the Cape Girardeau County Democratic Central Committee.
The Fall Festival will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday in the University Center on the Southeast Missouri State University campus. Tickets can be purchased by calling 334-5147 or 335-3529.